Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The case of the Rice Krispy Treat and the MOM

I usually try not to let many things upset me. And since this is my journal thought I would write all my feelings good or bad.
Last night Patience had a Girl Scout Meeting and each time the moms take turns bringing snacks.
The snack outline is Healthy Snacks. Fruits, veggies, cheese.

Anyway a well meaning nice mom brought Rice Krispy Treat shaped in Halloween shapes in tons of Icing.
I was so upset on the inside, and of course did not show it.
I allowed Patience to eat the snack, because everyone was raving on how cute they were. And by the time I got in there she was already eating, it was in her sweet little chubby hand- and she was smiling and laughing with her friends. ( After the meeting she Crashed) :(

But deep down i was angry, Angry at the fact no matter what i do, how much we work out, or eat healthy. My little girl will always have to work twice as hard as the other girls to remain- chubby or average.
Not angry at the kids or parents, but angry at the way she has to work so hard.
Alittle upset at the mom- because the snack guidline was healthy!!!!! Not tons of sugar.

And although Patience has lost- We always get the looks from people who do know her. Because she is bigger. Deep down i think- if you only knew what she really eats, probally alot healthier than you. I guess all i can do as a mom is keep doing what we are doing- I cannot change her melabotic makeup.



No comments:

Post a Comment